Thursday, September 22, 2005

just words - love & hate

these are just words, but words that come closest to speaking my truth.... that come closest to expressing what haunts every waking moment and, sometimes, when i sleep. i am told i speak words when in the sandman's embrace ... this is what i try to say:
she is truth
delicate, fragile yet strong
she lives in the space between heartbeats
and I have tasted her flesh
the tip of my tongue probing her intimate spaces
she moans and thrashes
beneath the weight of my confusion
guides me to the core
amidst the grunts and groans
i have loved and been loved
her love bittersweet
her touch tainted
her thoughts distant
yet a love i crave incessantly
mistress to many
i am one vessel
traversing the ocean that is her
oblivious to the wrecks
that glimmer beneath purple nights
the pieces of the lives
of those who came before
float silently on her surface
i am just like them
believe myself different
swim on, the voices say,
find salvation in her arms
i am indecisive
i give love and take it back instantly
i have tried to leave countless times
i have tried to turn a cold shoulder to her affections
i have tried
i try
i tried and failed
she is beautiful
she is beauty
she is my first love
she drowns me in words
and leaves me tongue-tied
we are a paradox
for which i seek the answers
she is my first love
she is Word
and when all else fails
In Word We Trust
Copyright © Kojo Baffoe 2005
would love to hear your comments ... your thoughts ... even your criticism. easy

4 comments:

Rethabile said...

Someone commented on this very blog by saying: "I think it is beautiful. [...] You will find your voice when you no longer need to scream."

I'd like to say the same thing, because it is oh so true. But scream we must, because that is the school.

Kojo Baffoe said...

Kea leboha, ntja 'm'e. it's 00h32 here, this blogging experience is addictive

Rethabile said...

It is addictive. Fortunately, for it is our voice. So keep blogging. Everyday, for the world is listening.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say that I was here. It's not orange or lemon super c's, but it's my appreciation and respect for what you do. Hope it's ten times better...