Monday, October 31, 2005

make it last ...

i generally do my best writing in those seconds before i succumb to the sandman's embrace, so i usually scribble words into my phone. the joy of that is i am always finding stuff i don't remember ever writing. just discovered one and thought i would put it out there.

lightless nights comfort me
pitch black shadows love me
it is the spirits that sing me to sleep
it is the spirits that keep me company when i sleep

the physical is the illusion that haunts me
chokes me, dehumanises me
humanity is a theory i prefer to read about
and watch on TV

i am a product of the hermit revolution
we seek segregation from the human race
space to interact on anti-social terms
beyond politeness and the right thing to do

grant me my wish, oh great serpent king

i do not need much to survive
a roof over my head
food in my belly
and enough distractions to distract me from the absence of voice

i wish to ween myself off people
wallow in mud and drown in breathless quicksand
empty the hour-glass of sand
and fill it to the brim with water

that's how much time we have

let the movement of this lifetime transcend the trivial
let it live immortality in each moment
let it be without societal dramatics

just let it be

sometimes i question my own state of mind. sometimes i pretend that my thoughts are not my own, because the alternative can be frightening. sometimes i find it all silly and funny. sometimes i wish all i had was laughter.
easy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel that! Yesterday I was thinking thoughts that made me a stranger to myself. Today I forgave myself for being human.

Kojo Baffoe said...

in some ways, i guess that is the beauty of it all. our minds keep us on our toes, hence the constant struggle to 'find' oneself. :-)