Tuesday, March 14, 2006

We speak words

This feels strange. Due to technical difficulties, I am unable to go online and check my blogs which means I am unable to respond to comments, although I do get to read them. Feel detached.

But I can still post.

Last week's been surprisingly poetic. Did national adjudication of poetry category for Department of Water Affairs & Forestry's Baswa Le Meetse Awards for 10, 11 year old kids.

Did two radio interviews last thursday & this morning and the next few days busy with:

1. Press conference for Jozi Literary Festival - tomorrow
2. Gig @ Mzansi Orleans in Norwood, Joburg @ 19:30 - tomorrow night
3. Performance @ Jozi Literary Festival Gala event - Friday night
4. Performance @ Jozi Literary Festival - Saturday afternoon

All of this makes me feel like a real poet. Yeah, I'm easy to please.

If you in Joburg area and interesting in coming out, then drop me an email and I'll send details.

From there, it is a much needed trip home to Lesotho.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It has been quite a while since I have had the time to pay a visit here and catch up on all of your entries. I was spending some time going through my archives and stumbled across your kind words of my writing. Makes me realise how much of what you said I took for granted.

You and I are creators, both writing in some kind of way. You should be the exact type of people that I strive my best to keep in contact with. In any case, I wish you luck with your poems and I hope that your interviews were well received by many. By the way, did I tell you that I am currently writing a book?

Kojo Baffoe said...

Hey Vittra, thank you for the comment, you know I'm a big fan of your work and good luck with the book. What's it about? Email me at kojoatmonstafunk.co.za