Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Been a while

It's been a while since I've posted - that seems to be a regular occurrence. Have been keeping my imperfect poetry going regularly, though finally missed out on a day. It is getting harder to maintain my daily 10minute writing session and haven't had much time to actually develop what I have written into finished pieces. Feel like poetry is drifting away from me. The pursuit of 'life' and its trials has me pursuing reality and questioning the ideal of 'living for my passion'.

Things have been quiet on the poetic front generally. Hibernating from the running around and focusing more on a number of projects to carry it beyond this mini-treadmill. I am feeling stifled by my 'home' environment and would love to break out a bit. The world is big and it is starting to feel like I need to start exploring other parts, ie. Europe, the US and the rest of the African continent. Budget is low so looking for funding opportunities to that regard. Would love to do a tour of the European and American summer art festivals. Time will tell my success at that. Watch this space.

Just venting a little today. Easy runnings.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you visit the US, cruise through Vermont because it is beautiful. And you can crash here. I've got a big couch.
Peace.................

Anonymous said...

Are u doing anything @ the grahamstown arts fest.we'd love to see talented people like yourslf at THE FEST.You have quite a few fans here
hola back

Kojo Baffoe said...

Sadly, am not doing anything in grahamstown. every year, I decide i will and every year, it doesn't happen. one day. have sent copies of my books to the national english literary museuam.

Kojo Baffoe said...

helen, will definitely look you up. thanks