Monday, February 06, 2006

Wolf

Alone is not loneliness
Lullabies sung to oneself
Carry the same melody

Words unspoken
Carry the same meaning
Something to break the silence

Chaos begats violence
There is no self
In the rules
And so I break them

This morning I awoke
And heard a lone bird whisper my name
In a conversation with itself

And found myself
Blog: http://infinitepursuit.blogspot.com
Poetry:
www.artistswithoutfrontiers.com (Writer's Section)
http://othervoicespoetry.org/vol8/baffoe/index.html

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i dig it a lot, lot lot. can i ask what made u write it.what were u thinking about? do u wonder if u keep quiet, will people forever misinterpret your actions coz they dont know where they originally come from..

Kojo Baffoe said...

truth is, i do a lot of writing sitting in bed, just before i go to sleep. usually type into my phone & come back & look later. most of the stuff i write in there, and often post, is stuff that still needs work, but i do like to share the raw stuff. re-reading amiri baraka's transbluesency again so i do think that influenced this piece.

as to worrying about my thoughts being mis-interpreted... it may be a contradiction, especially in this space, but i tend to keep my precious thoughts to myself. a bit of an introvert so i get nervous when people get too close & very comfortable in my own head. hence i love the 'thought cloaking' that poetry provides.

what makes blogging easier is that these words are never 'verbalised', merely transfered from head to screen. weird, but there is a comfort in that. whew. that's a mouthful.

thanks for the visit & the thoughts.

easy