Sunday, August 20, 2006

Daily ramblings #7

I realise that a lot of what I think about is not new. It's not some innovative thought on the progress of mankind, but I do hope it has some relevance in being the thoughts of another human being. We do not share enough and without dialogue, there can be no progress. I believe in relativity as a state of existence. While there are universal 'rights and wrongs', much of what we think and do is in relation to where we are at a given point in time. Truth, your truth, depends on what is right for you at that moment. It is not written in stone and how often does one find themselves putting forward a thought that they once contradicted. The best you can do for yourself is acknowledge what you have and work with the information at your disposal. If that changes, then review your decisions and move forward. Truth is your own to decide. Stand by it.

Just a thought.

4 comments:

Max and Me said...

your thoughts are very wise...

Thami Mhlanga said...

Kojo...

I guess that is the reason why I think that the truth is relative to time, experiences and the process of change...e.g. White Afrikaners in South Africa once thought oppression of the black Afrikans was the way of life and the only way to go,it was their truth...but I cant still shake the thought that The REAL TRUTH IS OUT THERE, as humans we will a common ground of truth

Take it easy and be blessed

Anonymous said...

Here's one of my favorite quotes on Truth, by Randranath Tagore:

"Truth comes as conqueror only to those who have lost the art of receiving it as friend."

Keep seeking to find the Truth within...

Anonymous said...

sorry, I meant Rabindranath Tagore.