Monday, October 24, 2005

listen to your footsteps

been trying to figure out how to enhance my blog template, hence the extended period of silence. obviously I haven't figured it out yet, but the time shall come. would like to share a poem from my collection Voices In My Head - nice thing about publishing under your own company, no issues with what can be put out.


i close doors
and hotbox minds with vocal dexterity


i twist meaning
and shade my ego from emotion


i lay my soul naked before strangers
and hide my heart with thick bush


i dance to god’s toe taps
and drown in the rhythm of doubt


i stand brave before giants
and quiver in the presence of children


i recite words repeatedly
and pray for salvation in affirmation


i listen to my footsteps
and search for the future in sound


i inhale weed smoke
and hope for spiritual clarity


i embrace confusion
and dream of normality


i keep both feet on the ground
and seek altered mind states


i see angels in every corner
and denounce ghosts in haunted houses


i live my truth
and epitomise hypocrisy


i justify lies with simple answers
and i am human


look into my shattered mirror
and listen to your footsteps

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just found out about this blogspot and i have to say that i am thoroughly impressed. seen you perform before and the best thing about your performances it that it doesnt look like u trying to hard. your work is beautiful.dont ever just "write as a hobby" it would be a social injustice

all the best